Directions to my House
Cambridge, MA 02139
Printable version of this page. Some versions of netscape change the black background to white, and leave the foreground yellow, so just printing from your browser gives unsatisfactory results.
OrientationBroadway runs from Harvard Square to Kendall Square. My house is about a mile from Harvard and half a mile from Kendall. The nearest cross street is Windsor St. My building is an 8-unit condo, with each unit having its own door, and each door well-marked with a different address. Some of our neighbors think of it as the pink building.
- Take the red line to Kendall or Central; the distance is about equal.
- From Kendall, find Broadway and walk until you get to 233,
which will be the last house in the block after Karli's gas station
on your right.
- The easiest way to find Broadway from the Kendall Square T station is to go straight through the Lobby of the Marriott Hotel.
- This will put you on Broadway; you want to turn left to get to my house.
- From Central, the safest is to take Prospect St. to Broadway (Store 24 is on the corner). Right on Broadway. Windsor St. is the second light.
- You can also take the #1 (Mass Ave.) bus. Getting off at Windsor St. is the closest. When I take the bus either late at night or in bad weather I get off at MIT, and walk through the MIT buildings as far as possible.
From North or South:
- 93 or the expressway to Storrow Drive to the Kendall Square exit.
- Cross the river on the Longfellow Bridge, get on to Broadway at Kendall Square. (It used to be a right fork; it is now the closest thing to straight you can go.)
- 233 is on the right in the block after Karli's Gas Station.
- Mass Pike to the Alston tolls.
- Cross the river; stay on River St. until Central Square.
- Continue as straight as possible; you will now be on Prospect St.
- Broadway is the second light; there is a Store 24 on the corner. Turn right on Broadway.
- My house is on the left in the block after the second light.
- Route 2 to Concord Ave (the second rotary after the Fresh Pond shopping center.
- Concord Ave. to Harvard Square.
- Go under Harvard via the short tunnel, and take the right fork coming out of the tunnel. This is Broadway.
- My house is just over a mile from here, on the left.
PARKING:Broadway is resident only parking, except on Sunday. They are not enforcing this outside of business hours. If you are worried, there is a commercially zoned area a block towards Kendall Square with parking meters which aren't in force in the evening.
[email protected] Last modified: Wed Apr 5 10:17:50 EDT 2006
Last modified: 2006-04-05 10:17, 2007